Wednesday, April 9, 2014

General Update

Jena:

We've decided to give the public school a try next year. To be honest, from our experience so far and things we've heard from other parents we're not terribly optimistic, but we don't want to give up on the public school system without first at least trying.

I'm a public school kid, and had a great experience, but I also recognize that because of things like No Child Left Behind and Common Core, the schools that I went to and benefited so much from quite frankly may not exist anymore. But we want to at least try it.

The latest thing for Jena to start is Girl Scouts. It's brand new, but she is super-excited about it. So am I.

Jason:

The biggest news in Jason's world right now is that his business has taken off like gang-busters. We expected it to be busier this year than last, but it really has just exploded here in the past few weeks. I'm so proud of the work that he's done and it's so exciting to see his efforts pay off.

Me:

Well, most I'm gearing up to have a baby. But I guess you knew that. At work, they've hired a temp to fill in while I'm on maternity leave, and she started yesterday. It's a little weird to train someone for your job, when you have no intention of handing it over, you know?

Baby:

Baby is doing well. My blood sugar has seems to be much better controlled since they last upped my insulin, so that's good.

I've been having contractions off & on since last week, so that's a pain. Last night they were every 3 - 10 minutes... for seven hours. From around 7pm until the last time they woke me up at 2am. Needless to say I not only didn't sleep well, I'm also physically tired from my belly's activity.

Those are the major updates. As always, thanks for checking in!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I think giving public school a try is a good idea. We have had nothing but possitive experiences with Natalie in public school and she is now in 3rd grade. Teachers have been great and she has continued to be challenged even in Kindergarten when I feared she would"t be. Even starting that young teachers often have 3 levels of each lesson plan activity or assignment. I can"t imagine all the work that goes into it. But it is great to know that each child is getting what they need to be successful, and stay challenged. My theory has always been you get out of school what you put into it. So if you stay involved and continue to value education so will she and the teachers will see that and do what ever they can to make sure she is getting what she needs to be successful. Good Luck! Keep us posted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...