Sunday, November 15, 2015

Here Come the Holidays

Ready or not, they are barreling down on us at top speed.

Halloween barely behind us, we've started negotiations on our schedule for Thanksgiving with both sets of in-laws, and Christmas is on its heels.

So what is your holiday schedule like? Ours changes every year. Regretfully. I grew up knowing exactly where we were going to be at what time on every holiday. A decade of being together later, and Jason & I still haven't managed to work that out with our families.

Part of it is that we are working schedules with both sets of in-laws / grandparents. Growing up neither of us dealt with that or saw it dealt with. Other than our household, my family only ever went to my mom's extended family. Jason only ever went to his dad's extended family.

We are blessed to have relationships with both sides, but I have to admit it makes for a stressful holiday season! For me anyway, since I'm usually the one trying to work out the schedules for our little household. Trying to keep everyone happy is hard work! And usually doesn't work anyway! LOL!

So what do you do? How do you work out holiday schedules?

Till next time,

1 comment:

Candace said...

When we were kids, we would do Chritmas Eve morning afternoon wth my Mammaw Crawford and then around 5 we would go to my papaw Johnson's house. That was the way it was until my papaw Johnson passed away when we were in 8th grade. It worked well because then we got to spend the entire Christmas Day at home. These days it isn't much of an issue... We just have my family that celebrates Christmas. Although... Truth be told, I wish I had the problem of both families celebrating... Would make life a whole heck of a lot easier!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...